Monday, April 14, 2014

The Modern Betty Crocker

I have recently  become fascinated with home-cooked recipes from the 1970's that were designed to make cooking easier for the woman of the house. Canned or pre-prepared products were frequently listed in recipes, allowing many meals to take no longer than 30 minutes! Compared to foodie culture today it's nearly opposite, because like myself, many home cooks desire to make everything from scratch.

This project was inspired by those cheesy, very un-gourmet style recipes. Unlike the ones I read to get here, each component is made from scratch, and vintage labels were printed then attached to modern-day jars. The filters on these photo are there to look like they came straight out of a vintage magazine. I must salut Loretta Lynn and her cookbook, You're Cookin' It Country, for her insanely quirky recipes!

Appetizer








Main









Dessert








See how it's all made: http://humbledpie.blogspot.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Humble Pie has coincidentally captured my journey from an amateur home cook to professional cook/caterer. What was once somewhat of a food journal is now a place where interesting food things are discussed, discovered and drooled over. I am an aspiring food writer, freelance cook and co-founder of Phat N' Phull Catering. I also have a Bachelor of Journalism from Ryerson University.