Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Basket '13

Every year I make a christmas basket for a select group of friends and family. This year I made 20 with the theme of nostalgia, which included edible cookie dough that looks and feels like the stuff you bake (minus the raw egg), a jar of jelly reminiscent of Jell-o, hot chocolate mix and my homemade tea blend. A paper fortune teller was included, designed to help the basket's receiver decide what to eat first.




 Mint, chamomile & rosehip tea

 Hot chocolate mix: Sucant (dried sugar cane), raw cocao, vanilla powder, cinnamon.

 Strawberry, cucumber & mint jelly.

 Edible chocolate cookie "dough": butter, flour, brown sugar, vanilla powder, almond milk, chocolate chips.




1 comment:

  1. Very honored to be on the receiving end for one of the Christmas baskets. Just finished my hot cocoa this evening. So good.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Humble Pie has coincidentally captured my journey from an amateur home cook to professional cook/caterer. What was once somewhat of a food journal is now a place where interesting food things are discussed, discovered and drooled over. I am an aspiring food writer, freelance cook and co-founder of Phat N' Phull Catering. I also have a Bachelor of Journalism from Ryerson University.